The University of Kent, in partnership with the Ratiu Foundation, has developed a package which includes a University of Kent scholarship of tuition fees plus a £3,000 Ratiu Foundation Scholarship for two student places:
1. MSc in Information Security and Biometrics
2. MSc in Biomedical Imaging.
The Ratiu Foundation & University of Kent Awards were inaugurated in 2007, in order to mark Romania’s accession to the EU. The success of the 2007 programme made the initiators decide to continue this scheme for 2008, thus helping young Romanian scientists to develop expertise in specialist areas.
The Ratiu Foundation was established in London in 1979 by Ion and Elisabeth Ratiu. Through its scholarships, the Foundation enables talented Romanian graduates and young professionals – domiciled in Romania at the time of application – to gain skills in the UK which they can adapt and apply back home in Romania.
The University of Kent is one of the country’s leading universities and has a global reputation for its research in the fields of biometrics and biomedical imaging. The scholarships are available for courses starting in September 2008.
Candidates are selected by the University on the basis of academic merit and research potential; the University of Kent informs the Ratiu Foundation of the students selected.
- Candidates should make an online application for the relevant course at http://records.kent.ac.uk/external/admissions/pg_application.php
- Upon being offered a place, candidates should then contact the Scholarships Unit asking to be considered for the scholarship
- The scholarship is aimed at Romanian nationals who are domiciled in Romania at the time of application
- Priority will be given to those who hold a first degree awarded by a Romanian University
- Candidates will be required to meet the normal entry criteria for admission to the University of Kent
- The scholarship will be awarded upon registration at the University.
Before receiving the Ratiu Foundation grant, the successful applicants will need to fill in the Ratiu Foundation registration form.
Deadline for Applications:
The deadline for receipt of applications at the University of Kent is 20 June 2008
More information about the courses:
MSc in Information Security and Biometrics
Department of Electronics
MSc in Biomedical Imaging
Kent Institute of Medicine and Health Sciences
Contact details for further information:
Please contact the University of Kent Scholarships Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details on the scholarships and information about the Ratiu Foundation, please see the following website: http://www.ratiufamilyfoundation.com or e-mail: email@example.com
Please see the following web page for detailed information: http://www.kent.ac.uk/recruitment/PG_Funding/Ratiu_Foundation.html